Rumours of a mass invasion involving brute force and clever propaganda have been confirmed following the leakage of a sensitive document from the offices of the Fintona War Committee last night. Tattyreagh natives have been called ‘paranoid’ and ‘mental’ in recent weeks after their pleas to the Tyrone County Conflict Resolution Board (TCCRB) regarding fears for their safety fell on deaf ears. The 10-point plan document now pushes their worst nightmares closer to reality with the TCCRB admitting it might be too late to do anything about it. Tattyreagh joiner, Leo McCabe, reckons it’s only a matter of time now:
“We knew this day would come. Those feckers in Fintona never wanted us. They see Omagh as some kind of Mecca and hate the fact that we’re closer. For years they’ve been driving through here in their big SUVs throwing their household rubbish out the windows trying to get us to move the hell out. Well, now we’ve a school, a pub and Darcy Park which is right up there with the best grounds in Ireland. We’re ready for them. We’ve mobilised a group of about 20 or so at the Halfway House and we’ll resist them with cudgels and spears.”
The 10-point plan included the following ideas:
- mass invasion from all sides – the Leftern Road East and West as well as the Tattyreagh Road North and South.
- Casually walking into houses and pretending to read the meter. Plant bugs and gather intelligence of daily habits.
- Take advantage of loose immigration laws in the area and dress up as Indians or Cowboys.
- Brainwash them into thinking Tattyreagh is actually greater Fintona and they’ll be better off. Show them gold necklaces.
- Just change the map and paint over the townland.
- Buy Tattyreagh.
- Cut off their supply of illegal brew and red diesel. Inform PSNI of rogue fuel merchants in the area.
- Ride in on horseback and lift all the women over 18 to curtail breeding.
- Nuclear option.
Fintona Lord Mayor Percy McKinless was unable to be contacted today but sources say they think it’s definitely not an April Fools’ prank.